The present Farquharson Memorial Presbyterian Church was built in 1877. Alexander Farquharson, after whom the church is named, arrived in Middle River in 1833 as a missionary from the Free Church of Scotland. Middle River was a Gaelic speaking community and until shortly after World War II, two church services were held every Sunday, one in English and one in Gaelic.
Contact Information: Heritage Trust of Nova Scotia (Marg Herdman) - (902) 227-8303 - firstname.lastname@example.org
** Community cultural events are hosted and produced by non-profit organizations and community groups, held in association with Celtic Colours.